Financial Report Writer
Founded in 2010 with the dream to establish Solar Power as the UK’s green-energy solution, Project Solar UK are an award winning, trusted and well-established renewable energy solutions provider. We are MCS accredited and FCA compliant, with great customer feedback – 93% of our customers would recommend us to their friends and family.
We are the biggest solar installer in the UK, and our leadership team has over 80 years combined experience in the solar energy market. The company has seen vast growth over the past few years and is in the middle of a very rapid expansion programme into numerous other energy saving products.
As part of this programme we have developed and are developing a series of systems that will gather large amounts of data about our leads / sales / installations and processes. We are looking for a financial data analyst / report writer to review this data, write meaningful reports and support the existing reporting process to give deeper understanding of the information produced. An understanding of stored procedures and data integration is imperative as well as a strong financial understanding.
Based at our Burton Upon Trent site you will be assisting senior management to create and edit numerous reports, extract pertinent data to produce meaningful information and perform business analytics. As we have senior management based over two sites (Stockport and Burton on Trent), you will need a car and full driving license to be able to support the business fully and attend meetings.
What you would be doing;
· Administrating and supporting Stored Procedures, Queries
· Controlling system Data flows
· Designing and assisting in the creation of new reports from scratch
· Reviewing existing data to advise management of possible trends in data
· Maintenance and publishing of existing reports and financial documents
· Generating relevant and meaningful management statistics
· Liaising directly with IT developers and support staff to get exact data required
· Liaising with Managers and staff to understand the business processes fully
· Performing ad hoc reports and analysis to support managers
· Assist in the production of month end management and financial reports
- Monitoring Data usage and reducing replication
- Ensuring Data management complies to GDPR
· Other ad-hoc business support duties as required and approved by management
To fit in with the team and the company culture, a friendly and personable manner is essential. In terms of educational background, the ideal candidate will preferably have AAT, HND or Degree in Finance or an Information Technology related subject, although candidates who have developed these skills throughout their career will also be considered. You should have a passion for developing quality insightful and relevant quantitative reports that will assist management to make informed business decisions. With an attention to detail and an ability to grasp the processes and needs of a complex, very dynamic and rapidly growing group of businesses. You should also be a good communicator with an ability to think creatively and be comfortable discussing complex systems with senior managers and team leaders.
Any candidate should be capable of working in a team, sharing best practice with the IT team. As we are a rapidly growing business the candidate should also be able to manage with changing goals and targets in line with business needs.
· Understanding of finance / accountancy
· SSRS (SQL server Reporting Services)
· MySQL / MSSQL query design
· TSQL / Stored procedures / Triggers / Functions
· SSIS (SQL server integration services)
· Understanding of relational database design
· Using excel to create management reports
Experience in any of the following would also be advantageous.
- Database Administration (DBA)
- Working in a Scrum Team
- Visual Basic
- Integrating SQL and Active Directory
- Data warehousing
- MS Access
· Excellent career progression
· 45p Per Mile Mileage Expenses
· Modern office facilities
· Free car parking
· 28 Paid holidays with potential increase to 33
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per month
Posted: 7th Aug 2020
Salary Paid: Yearly
Company: Project Better Energy
Location: Burton-on-Trent, Derbyshire